“[Anthony] can be genial. He can be menacing. He can be sexy. He can do all of these things at the same time. I think he’s a very good actor, but I just don’t think that he’s had the film roles that he deserves. His success is limited by the imagination of the film industry. With really good actors, especially actors of color, the opportunities are fewer. Who will be brave enough to put him in a leading role instead of putting him in a supporting role?” Boston Globe film critic and Pulitzer Prize winner Wesley Morris on Mackie (UPTOWN magazine).
HE HANDED THAT SHIT TO HIMMMMM
Farrakhan does not fear man. Amen.
I think this make the 10th time ive reblogged this
The truth has to hit hard
America is actually a piece of shit who thinks they’re better than everyone else.
My emotional complex is deeper than death can reach
I often long for a bottle
To forget today
Ad make tomorrow hazy
And to forever push yesterday further behind me
— delicia rashad
WHY DIDN’T THEY TEACH YOU ABOUT THIS IN HISTORY CLASS?
The Christian Movement for Life, aka, MOVE
- a pro-green, vegan, anti-technology group
- living in a house in West Philadelphia
- BOMBED by the Philly PD, from the air, on May 13, 1985
- YES, 1985!!!
- the city killed 11 people (5 children), burned down 65 homes in a Black, middle-class, West Philly neighborhood, and caused $50,000,000.00 damage - all to “evict” the group and recover two shotguns
- You know of Mumia Abu-Jamal (3rd photo from bottom) but did you know he was affiliated with MOVE?
- Ramona Africa (2nd photo from bottom) and one child survived
- MOVE leader John Africa was murdered that day
This was not the ONLY time an American city was bombed, btw. The first time, it was ALSO whites bombing Black people. And you want to talk about TERRORISM???
And what else don’t you know about your country and it’s treatment of Black people?
Get to Googling… AND Youtubing…
Somewhere between a hug goodbye
And a first kiss